ASM Foods was founded almost 70 years ago and offer specialty compound chocolate, fillings, inclusions and decorations. Product development is the heart of the company, delivering the market with products like you’ve never tasted before. The company values perfectly reflect the ethics of the “New Nordic Cuisine”, where demand for good taste is combined with temporary knowledge of health and well-being.
Since 2013 ASM Foods is part of the Barry Callebaut group, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, where they share a common history of compound and confectionery expertise. After joining the Barry Callebaut family the site has seen increasing investments and is delivering a profitable growth. The company employs 160 people with a turn over of 500MSEK.
On behalf of ASM Foods, we are looking for a Factory Manager to further strengthen the organization for continued growth. The plant is located next to the ASM Foods head office in Mjölby.
The Factory manager will be responsible for an organisation consisting 5 direct reports and 100 blue collars, as well as shared resources in HR, finance and lean functions. The factory is divided in two production sites handling water based products and fat based products and delivers to ingrediencies and products within the categories ice cream, dairy, bakery and confectionery, with customers in gourmet, food service and food manufacturing.
Areas of responsibility
- Translate regional Operations strategy into local strategy and plans, and drive implementation in area of responsibility.
- Participate actively in setting the local business strategy, actively participate in monthly management meetings.
- Optimize the performance (capacity, ability, cost effectiveness, processes, cross factory perspectives) of the operations environment.
- Ensure that operations facilities in area of responsibility comply with internal rules and external legislation such as safety, health & environment requirements.
- Manage the team ensuring staff are motivated, trained and ready to achieve objectives, in a positive social climate.
- Ensure delivery of production output according to cost, schedule, quality standards, customer specifications and time.
- Ensure the capital expenditure projects are executed on time and within Budget.
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
We believe that the following criteria are important in order to succeed in the role:
- Relevant academic master degree
- Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience within manufacturing
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in production/factory management role
- You have a solid leadership experience with well-developed leadership characterized by dialogue and dedication, as well as a good communication ability to make all employees work towards the same goals.
- You have shown good results from leading and working in a big organization with good ability to lead functional functions and to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- You have a good understanding of the terms of food production together with extensive experience of production management.
- You have a good understanding of planned maintenance and implementation and development of lean concepts.
- Perfect bilingual: English, Swedish
As a person, you are expected to have a hands on approach and high interest in leadership, continuous improvements and daily operations. In addition to this you have:
- Strong business acumen and excellent motivational leadership skills, focusing on coaching and staff development
- Independent and prestige less as well as appreciate working in a international organization with great responsibility.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation, organization & planning skills
For this recruitment, ASM Foods cooperates with Nigel Wright and we are looking forward to your application. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please send your questions to Nigel Wright. Also note that the applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.